The New Zealand Institute for Pacific Research’s (NZIPR) primary goal is to promote and support excellence in Pacific Research. We are bringing together thought leaders from New Zealand and the Pacific region to an inaugural conference at the Fale Pasifika Complex on 29-30 November, 2018. The conference will showcase Pacific research from throughout the region, enhance Pacific research networks, and encourage new conversations around contemporary Pacific research modalities.
The conference aims to showcase Pacific research from throughout the region, enhance Pacific research networks, and encourage new conversations around contemporary Pacific research modalities.
We envisage a dynamic two day programme with research informed papers addressing contemporary policy issues. The preliminary themes for the conference programme are:
– Where in the world is the Pacific: deepening, resetting and recalling the boundaries of the Pacific
– Mobilities: contemporary interpretations of the transformation of people, policies, and money
– Sustainable development and enterprise opportunities: connecting niche markets to global supply chains
– Pacific innovations: Research, technologies, and strengthening the capacity of communities
– Pacific environments and extractive industries: managing land and natural resources
– New research modalities in the Pacific: working with Pacific structures and influences
– Pacific ethics of research and care: expanding relationships, procedures, and processes.
Tickets · $30 – $50 uoaevents.eventsair.com
University of Auckland Fale Pasifika Complex
22 Wynyard Street, Auckland, New Zealand 1010